- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Personal and Non-Personal Information When using the Website, in order to utilize some of our services, you may choose to upload, or we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Mailing/physical address
- Telephone number
- Credit card number
- User name
- Date of birth
- “Usage Data,” which is data collected automatically, generated by either the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
In connection with our product review system, you might provide other voluntary personal information including your:
- Age range
- Skin tone
- Skin type
We collect Personal Information from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or when you otherwise provide information directly to us, including when you register with us, purchase products, review products, participate in our interactive features or otherwise interact with us on the Website.
In addition, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as IP addresses (which identify your device), pages viewed, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies, and other data. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
We may aggregate Personal Information so that the aggregated information does not personally identify you or anyone else, such as by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our customers who live in a particular area (“Aggregate Information”). In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined, and may aggregate any information collected in a manner which does not identify any individual.
Information Collection, Use, Sharing and Retention We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
Eighth+Kin keeps your personal information for only as long as required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In some cases, such as credit- or debit-card purchases, we are required by law to keep your personal information for a specified period of time. For those customers who have registered for the mailing list, their personal information is kept until we are notified that they no longer want their information stored.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Security We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only team members who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Orders We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
Cookies We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Your Legal Rights Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the following rights:
- Right to access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of such Personal Information.
- Right to rectification: If the Personal Information we process is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
- Right to deletion: You may, under certain circumstances, ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data. Such circumstances may arise where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing: You can, under certain circumstances, ask us to 'block' the processing of Personal Information. Such circumstances may arise where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or you object to us.
- Right to data portability: You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the Personal Data you have provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Right to object: You may, under certain circumstances, ask us to stop processing your Personal Information.
- Right to withdraw your consent: If we rely on your consent as our legal basis for processing your Personal Information, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to complain: If you have a concern about any aspect of our practices regarding the processing of Personal Information, You can report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Rights
Marjani Beauty Company is the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, your use of the Website. Please see the “International User Notice” section for more information about the transfer of your personal data to the United States or other countries.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. As explained above, we process Personal Information in various ways depending upon your use of our Website. We process Personal Information on the following bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to fulfill orders when you purchase products; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing you with our products and services, enhancing our web services, conducting analytics, and delivering relevant advertising.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
The GDPR requires that we inform our EEA users about certain specific rights:
- the right to object, for legitimate purposes, to the processing of personal data;
- the right to request copies of your personal data held by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible);
- the right to request that we delete or block your personal data without undue delay; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide certain services or marketing communications to you.
Objection and Requests for Copies
If you wish to (i) object, for legitimate purposes, to the processing of personal data as provided under applicable law, or (ii) to request copies of your personal data held by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for Deletion
If you wish to request that we delete your personal data, please contact us . We will promptly send you a response to ensure that the request was not made in error. We will respond to your request to delete your information within one month of receipt of your verification. Our response period may be extended by 60 additional days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive. We may need to retain certain records, for example those relating to open orders, payments, or customer service matters, for legal and accounting purposes. Please note that if you are a member of our Rewards Program and you request that your personal data is deleted, you may be removed from our Rewards Program.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority in your country. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Existence of Automated Decision-Making
We may use automated decision-making processes to personalize the Website to enhance your shopping and consumer experience on the Site (for example, by recommending certain products to you) or, if you have opted into receiving promotional material from us, to send you personalized promotional emails. We do not believe any of these automated decision-making processes will produce legal effects concerning our users or similarly significantly affects our users.
Communications with Marjani
By providing your email address to Eighth+Kin, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or by other third party manufacturers, services and/or distributors that Eighth+Kin believes will be of interest to its audience. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can simply reply and ask not to receive future emails. We also give you the option to remove your personal information from our list of active users completely. All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be sent to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has been provided your information in accordance with this policy, such as a business partner
Last Update: 1/29/2023