False Lashes 101: The Q&A Every Newbie Needs
(Photo via The Glamatory)
Never worn false lashes? Worried that you’ll end up looking like a hot mess? Luckily for you, we’ve rounded up and answered the 5 most popular questions that lash newbies generally have. You’re welcome!
How do I choose the right lashes for me? You should choose the lash type based on your eye shape.
- Round eyes: go for a curled lash to avoid your eyes looking flat or a wispy lash with a more dramatic outside wing for a sultry cat-eye look.
- Almond-shaped eyes: almost any lash works well for this eye shape, try a full dramatic lash to really amp up the flare and add a little spice to your look.
- Deep-set eyes: longer lashes that curl up and away from the eye are best suited for this eye shape and give you an elegant yet edgy vibe.
- Mono-lidded eyes: top-heavy styles work well for this eye shape and really open up the eyes, showcasing them in an impossibly dreamy way.
- Hooded eyes: it’s best to avoid super dramatic lashes with this eye shape, and go for lashes that are slightly longer in the center to open up your eyes and give the illusion of more depth.
How do I apply lashes correctly?
Ronke of Ronkeraji has a helpful step-by-step tutorial that has you covered when it comes to the application of false lashes.
How do I take them off safely?
Be gentle. Always use makeup remover (try Organic Makeup Remover Pods by Skin Scholars) when taking off your lashes. Separate the false lashes from your real lashes and gently tug—they should come off easily.
How long should I keep them on?
We recommend you keep your lashes on for no longer than a few hours. Remove them after each use and never sleep in them. Most falsies are reusable, so be sure to get the most out of your purchase by keeping them clean and storing them in a safe place.
What’s a good brand for me to start with?
While we may be a bit biased, we can’t help but gush over the flirty and pretty lashes from The Glammatory. With five versatile styles to choose from, these lashes are sure to inspire you to try out a new look and maybe even turn a few heads in the process.
Well, there you have it—now you can truly say you’re a lash-master. Go out there and stun, sis—we can’t wait to see how you rock your new lashes!